Saturday, February 25, 2012

Life & Lent

In an effort to figure out a few things going on with my body I've given up certain foods. Most recently, I cut out most refined sugar and white carbohydrates (yikes, right?!). Through reading and conversations with friends I decided that it might even be worth it to try a Vegan diet for a while. In the weeks leading up to Lent I thought about what I could give up or add into my life and decided that this season would be a great time to discover how to eat without using animal products.

The first few days I had a few slip-ups but today I enjoyed a lovely brunch with friends that included several Vegan friendly foods. I made Whole Wheat Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. Yum!

I'm looking forward to sharing a bit more about this journey over the next 40 days.
xo                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment