Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hello, Late Twenties!

I turned 27 on August 22 and spent the day with my mom, had dinner with family, and grabbed a few drinks with some of my sweet friends. It was a really great day. :)

Last year on my birthday I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish in the next year. A few examples: go on a date from an online dating site, switch banks, sell my car, go to the dentist, take two vacations.

This year I asked friends what I should include and they suggested I buy a road bike, read a book a month, and apply to grad school. Some are on the boring side, some should be fun, and others are going to be a total challenge.

So here is this years list:

  1. Learn something new each month.
  2. Complain less.
  3. Apply to grad school.
  4. Buy a road bike.
  5. Sell my car.
  6. Pay off my higher interest student loan.
  7. Exercise 15 minutes a day.
  8. Keep my clothes off the floor.
  9. Spend more time with family.
  10. Wake up earlier.
  11. Go overseas.
  12. Read a book a month.
  13. Take a hip hop class.
  14. Vote in local elections.
  15. Learn to homebrew.
  16. Take time off from work every 3 months.
  17. Call my grandma more often.
  18. Cook a new recipe every week.
  19. Open a Roth IRA.
  20. Visit an old friend.
  21. Wear suntan lotion every day.
  22. Make a new friend.
  23. Buy local and in season produce.
  24. Ask for help.
  25. Take more pictures.
  26. Get a new tattoo.
  27. Go after what I want.
Here's to another year of life! xo, Colleen 


Also remember my Summer Rules? Check out this blog Summer Goals. Happy unofficial last weekend of summer!

1 comment: